Time to plan ahead commuters, there will be a Munich Sbahn Strike coming this week! We’ve got all the details here for you get ready!
The GDL (Gewerkschaft Deutscher Lokomotivführer) have announced they will launch a 6 day Deutsche Bahn strike starting Wednesday January 24th , but have no fear, just check our notes below to reroute your plans into the weekend.
Table of Contents
When Is The Munich Sbahn Strike Happening? Which Trains ARE affected?
The Deutsche Bahn workers are set to strike across Bavaria and Germany on Wednesday January 24, 2024. The strike will begin at 2 .am. and is said to go until 6 p.m Monday evening, January 29th, 2024.
The strike will only affect regional, and suburban trains…mostly creating an inconvenience for those planning on travelling with the Sbahn.
So make sure to check out the ubahn, tram or bus options to plan your commutes for the upcoming days!
Which Trains Are NOT Affected By The Munich Sbahn Strike?
Public transport connections, such as the subway, bus, and tram are not affected by the strike call.
Additionally, the Munich Sbahn has set in place a limited strike schedule for the following lines:
- S1 runs between Ostbahnhof and Freising every 60 minutes and does not go to the airport
- S2 runs between Markt Schwaben and Dachau every 20 to 40 minutes, and on the other sections every hour
- S3, S4, S6 and S7 run every hour
- S8 runs between Pasing and the airport every 20 minutes, between Pasing and Germering every 20 to 40 minutes and between Germering and Herrsching every 60 minutes
- S20 is no longer available
Will Tickets From This Munich Sbahn Strike Period Be Refunded?
When it comes to the trains in Germany, here are some helpful general tips about ticket refunds (which are especially great to know in situations like these!)
You can apply for compensation for your tickets if there are delays or cancelations:
- 60 minute delay: 25% ticket price refund
- 120 minute delay: 50% ticket price refund
- Trip cancelled: Full ticket price refund
In order to get your ticket refund you simply need to go fill out refund forms from Deutsche Bahn at ticket centre or online through the DB Navigator app