Beautiful bored people of Munich, we are very happy to report that slowly but surely, Munich is catching up to the 21st century… and today, we’re here with long-anticipated news: you can now buy weekly/monthly tickets on the MVG app!
That’s right – say goodbye to those tiny awkward paper tickets and lining up to get a new ticket every month. Everything can now be done and stored in your phone!
Here are some basic points of what you need to know, but you can check out a full FAQ and announcement here on Muenchen.de:
- Both weekly and monthly IsarCards are now available for purchase on the MVG App, which you can download here for iOS and here for Android
- These tickets can be found in the “Zeitkarten” section of the app when you press the “BUY TICKET” button at the bottom of the screen
- Tickets may be purchased up to a week in advance of the 1st day of validity, which must be specified when you purchase the ticket, along with the name of who will be using it
- Tickets are non-transferable. The ticket user whose name is specified on the app is the only one who may use it
- However, you are able to transfer the ticket to another mobile device two times, so long as the ticket user is still the one whose name is written on the HandyTicket