So it’s that time again…. The Euros are here!
And with case numbers in Munich as low as they are, it looks like we will be able to go and watch the game with actual human people…
So swap that hand sanitiser for a cold Maß of Helles, because here’s a list of places where you can cheer on your national team in the glorious sunshine, whoever they may be.
… Because yes, this list is composed of locations that are showing not just the Germany games, but others too.
Most are showing all “free to air” games (here’s a list) but be sure to check their websites or give them a call to confirm that they are showing the game you want to see.
A map is provided at the bottom so you can easily find the nearest location to you, because nobody should have to walk for beer… 😉
A Note on UEFA Euro Public Viewings in Munich
While Munich’s restaurants, bars, and beer gardens are permitted to show Euro games as part of their regular operations, the city of Munich has made it very clear on their official website that no viewings will be allowed in public areas this year.
You can read more about the official rules around Euro viewings in Munich here.
Beer Gardens in Munich Showing UEFA Euro 2020/2021 Games
The following beer gardens in Munich have announced they will be showing Euro games over the next few weeks, with reservations recommended in most cases:
- Seehaus, Kleinhesselohe 3 – Reservations advised if you want to sit close to the screens
- Hirschau, Gyßlingstrasse 15 – Reservations only possible for groups of 30 or more
- Augustiner Schützengarten, Zielstattstrasse 6
- Löwenbraukeller, Nymphenburger Strasse 2 – Reservations not possible for areas where games are being shown
- Paualaner Bräuhaus, Kapuzinerplatz 5
- Backstage, Reitknechtstraße 6 – Reservations mandatory for Germany games here
Notable spots not showing the games include Hofbraukeller, Park Café, and Nockherberg, who have all chosen to not show games this year.
Bars in Munich Showing UEFA Euro 2020/2021 Games
The following bars in Munich will also be showing Euro games over the next few weeks, with reservations recommended in most cases:
- Kilian’s & Ned Kelly’s, Frauenplatz 11
- Kennedy’s, Sendlinger-Tor-Platz 11
- 35 milli(m)eter Restaurant, Bayerstrasse 3 -5
- Sax Essen & Trinken, Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5
- Tassilogarten, Auerfeldstrasse 18