Ah finally, a socially acceptable reason for arson!
That’s what much of Munich will be thinking anyway, all throughout the next two weeks as celebratory summer solstice bonfires (which yes, are apparently a thing) will be lit across town to ring in the new summery season.
So, where can you find yourself a fun bonfire to attend in the Munich region? Here is a full list courtesy of Muenchen.de. Be sure to check on that official site for updates, as the weather is looking pretty iffy this weekend.
NOTE: Bonfires are (duh) weather-dependent, so be mindful of the fact that certain events might get cancelled! Again, keep an eye on this page from Muenchen.de for updates and on the local pages of the events you want to attend,.
Bonfires on Friday, June 21, 2019
- Ebersberg: The party begins at 7pm in the Ebersberg Marienplatz with a fun concert program. At 8:30pm, everyone will gather to Ludwigshöhe, where the fire will be lit. Click here for more info.
- Germering: Mayor Andreas Haas will be lighting the fire at 9 pm at the barbecue area of Germeringer See. Admission is free but donations are welcome, and food/drinks will be available for purchase. Click here for more info.
Bonfires on Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Feldmoching: Join the Burschenverein Feldmoching at 3 pm in the Kötterlhof in the Karlsfelder Straße 23, where you can enjoy live music and a bar! Click here for more info from the official FB event.
- Hallbergmoos: From 2pm onwards, you can join in on the solstice celebration of the volunteer fire department with a special vehicle show on the Volksfestplatz Hallbergmoos. At 9pm the fire will be lit, and be sure to stay for the afterparty!
- Westpark: Cafe Gans am Wasser will be celebrating the Summer Solstice starting with a 10am yoga class, then a live program beginning at 5pm and a fireshow at the campfire at 11pm. Click here for more info.
- Olching: Join the Boy Scouts of Olching from 6pm onwards for food, a bouncy castle, and of course a big fire! Click here for more info from the official FB event.
- Around the Bavarian Alps: Suppoedly Kampenwand in Chiemgau, the Wallberg and the Brauneck will all be celebrating with bonfires on this day as well. More information here!
Bonfires on Friday, June 28, 2019
- Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn: In the meadow at the Leonhardikirche, you can enjoy food and drink from 6pm onwards, and a brass band from 7pm onwards. Click here for more info.
- Anzing: Those in Anzing can celebrate the solstice from 6pm onwards at the Salzhalle. Click here for more info.
Bonfires on Saturday, June 29, 2019
- Unterhaching: [NEW DATE, MOVED FROM SATURDAY JUNE 22] One of the biggest fires will be taking place here with a 12m high pile of wood! Click here for more info.
- Trudering: [NEW DATE, MOVED FROM SATURDAY JUNE 22] The party starts at 3pm in Trudering for their 12th annual solstice fire. Live music, cocktails and a children’s program will all be available! More info here. From 15 o’clock blazing on 22.6. on the festival meadow the 12th Truderinger solstice fire .
- Perlach: For 2 euro admission, you can join the solstice fire party at 5pm in the festival meadow behind the recycling yard in Bayerwaldstraße. More info here.