Want to explore more of Germany this summer? Why not do it for the cheapest price possible? Good news – if you’re under 27, you can take advantage of DB’s latest deal: a Sommer-Ticket that gives you 4 one-way trips on any trains in Germany (yes, even ICE trains!) for €90, meaning less than €25 per trip.
The deal is even sweeter if you’re under 18 – the Sommer-Ticket only costs 70 euros total, making each trip only €17.50.
The Sommer-Ticket, which includes 4 one-way trips, can be used on all regional & local trains (IRE, RE, RB, and S-Bahn), as well as high-speed trains (ICE, IC/EC). Prices don’t really get cheaper than this, especially if you’re booking last-minute, so if you fall under the right age group, this is definitely something to take advantage of!
So, if you’re interested in snagging this deal, we summarize below how it all works.
NOTE: This year, summer tickets may only be purchased online. Click here to see prices & restrictions.
DB Sommer-Ticket: What You Need to Know
- Where to buy: Sommer Tickets are available exclusively online here
- Price for those under 18 years old (i.e. 17 and under): €70
- Price for those 18-26 years old: €90
- Purchase Dates: Tickets are only on sale here from June 24, 2020 – August 15, 2020
- Travel Dates: Tickets must be used sometime between June 24, 2020 – September 27, 2020
- Class: Sommer-Ticket trips may only be booked for 2nd class
How the DB Sommer-Ticket Works (Step by Step)
- Buy the Sommer-Ticket online here before August 15
- You are sent an access code that you enter here to redeem your trips
- Show your digital ticket on board and you’re set!
Important Notes About the DB Sommer-Ticket
Here are some important things to know based on FAQ on the official sales page here:
- The summer ticket is personalized to you and therefore not transferable and so multiple people may not use one single Sommer-Ticket at the same time
- Your age is based on how old you are on the first day you travel, not when you purchase the ticket
- The validity period goes from June 24 to September 27, 2020
- Each person can only buy a maximum of 5 summer tickets (meaning a total of 20 individual train rides)
- Reservations are not included with the Sommer-Ticket
- Tickets are non-refundable
For more information about the Sommer-Ticket, visit the official site here.